I need to change my address on Social Security

A) You can change your address with the Social Security Administration (SSA) online, by mail, or in person at a local Social Security office.

  1. Online: You can use the SSA’s “Change Your Address” service on their website. You will need to provide your Social Security number and other personal information to verify your identity.
  2. By mail: You can also update your address by mailing a written request to the SSA. Be sure to include your name, Social Security number, and new address in the letter.
  3. In person: Visit your local Social Security office and inform them of your address change. You will need to provide proof of your identity, such as a driver’s license or passport.

It is important to note that it might take time for the SSA to process your change of address request, so be sure to update your address well before you need any important mail from the SSA. Also keep in mind that this process only changes your address in the Social Security Administration records, If you need to change your address on other government records or with other organizations, you will need to contact them separately.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *