Dealing with a bitter mom. I have my daughter for the summer, and I need to know what I need to obtain her ss card so I can add her to my insurance and get her to the doctor? Mom refuses to give me ANY info on my daughter because she’s evil and bitter. She refuses to have my daughter seen by a medical professional.

A) I understand this is a frustrating situation. Here’s how to navigate getting your daughter the healthcare she needs:

Obtaining Medical Care Without Mom’s Cooperation:

  • Check Court Orders: If you have a custody agreement, review it to see if you have sole decision-making authority for medical care.
  • Contact Your Lawyer (if applicable): If you have a lawyer handling custody issues, consult them about the best course of action.
  • Emergency Care: If your daughter has an urgent medical need, take her to the emergency room immediately.

Obtaining a Social Security Card (SS Card):

Unfortunately, without your daughter’s mother’s cooperation, getting a new SS card might be difficult. Here are some options to explore:

  • Review Existing Documents: Do you have any documents with your daughter’s SS number on them, like an old insurance card?
  • Contact Your Lawyer (if applicable): Your lawyer might be able to advise on alternative ways to prove your daughter’s identity and social security number.
  • Social Security Administration (SSA): The SSA website has information on replacing a lost SS card, but it typically requires parental consent

Alternative Solutions for Medical Care:

  • Public Clinics: Many areas have free or low-cost public clinics that provide medical care for children.
  • School Nurse: If your daughter is school-aged, the school nurse might be able to provide basic care or a referral to a clinic.
  • State Insurance Programs: Some states offer health insurance programs for children. You can find information on your state’s program

Additional Resources:

  • National Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-422-4453 – If you are concerned about your daughter’s safety or well-being due to her mother’s actions, consider contacting the National Child Abuse Hotline.

Important Note:

This situation might be complex, and the best course of action might depend on your specific circumstances. It’s advisable to consult with an attorney specializing in family law for tailored advice.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *