Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Got married, need to change my name and address on my social security card.

According to the Social Security Administration: To change your name on your card, you must show us documents proving your legal name change and identity. If you are a U.S. citizen, you also must show us a document proving your U.S. citizenship, if it is not already in our records. You must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. We can’t accept photocopies or notarized copies.

To prove your legal name change, you must show one of the following documents:

Marriage document.
Divorce decree.
Certificate of naturalization showing a new name.
Court order for a name change.
To prove your identity, you must show an unexpired document showing your name, identifying information, and photograph, such as one of the following:

U.S. driver’s license.
State-issued non-driver’s identification card.
U.S. passport.
If you don’t have one of those documents available, we may be able to accept your:

Employer identification card.
School identification card.
Health insurance card.
U.S. military identification card.
To prove your U.S. citizenship, you must show one of the following documents:

U.S. birth certificate.
U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
U.S. passport (unexpired).
Certificate of Naturalization.
Certificate of Citizenship.

Fill out the form online and follow the instructions to ensure your Social Security card is delivered in a timely manner.

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to This women is not disabled and is trying to cheat the Social Security.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming