Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I need to get new copies of my Social Security card

Q) I need to get new copies of my Social security card and birth certificate. I didn’t lose my copies , but I’m moving to France on September 29th and they only accept very recent copies. I think I need five copies. Can I make an appointment and pick them up on Reisterstown road tomorrow?

A) If you believe you qualify for an in-person appointment, call your local office. You can look up the phone number for your local office by accessing our office locator. Please note that appointments may not be immediately available, depending on local health and safety conditions and staffing.

You can also create and use an online my Social Security account to apply for a replacement Social Security card online if you:

Are a U.S. citizen age 18 or older with a U.S. mailing address (this includes APO, FPO, and DPO addresses);
Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; and
Have a driver’s license or state-issued identification card from one of the many participating states or the District of Columbia.

For your Birth Certificate you may request a certified copy from your local county office or the State Office of Vital Records. This request in most states can be made in person, by mail or your online state records website.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

4 Responses to I have been on permanent disability since i was 48 years old, now….

  1. can you stay working at the same job and still collect your social security???

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming