Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

If mail in documents required to get a copy of SS card. Will this be returned?

Q) If mail in documents required to get a copy of SS card, example original birth certificate, will this be returned?

A) For any post mail requests, the Social Security Administration requires that you send in original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued the document. Photocopies, even if notarized, are not accepted. The Social Security Administration will always return your documents to you once they process your new card.

Keep in mind you can also request a replacement social security card online if you:

Have a My Social Security account.
Are 18 or older.
Are not changing the name on the card.
Have a U.S. mailing address (military and diplomatic addresses count).
Live in a state that shares its computer data with Social Security. (As of July 2019, 40 states and the District of Columbia do so. Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah and West Virginia do not. The list is updated regularly, so check the Social Security website to see if your state’s status has changed.)

Leave a reply

State Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming