Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I would like to talk about applying for divorced spouse social security

Q) I am divorced, married min. 10 yrs, never remarried, and am trying to retire at age 62. I would like to talk about applying for divorced spouse social security, an estimate of how much it would amount to, how to go about applying and what paperwork I would need to apply. I would like to hold off applying for my own social security until I am 65. Can I make an appt. or talk to someone by appt on the phone?

A) According to the social security administration – If you are divorced, but your marriage lasted 10 years or longer, you can receive benefits on your ex-spouse’s record (even if he or she has remarried) if:

You are unmarried;
You are age 62 or older;
Your ex-spouse is entitled to Social Security retirement or disability benefits and
The benefit you are entitled to receive based on your own work is less than the benefit you would receive based on your ex-spouse’s work.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to What can i do to speed up the disability adjudication

  1. Would you please stops taking taxes out of my social security. I sent a letter to stop this.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming