Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

How do I report a death?

Q) How do I report a death?

A) Social Security Administration should be notified as soon as possible when a person dies. In most cases, the funeral director will report the person’s death to Social Security. You will need to furnish the funeral director with the deceased’s Social Security number so he or she can make the report.

2 Responses to How do I report a death?

  1. We hope you local Social Security office will reach out to you to review your case. We also hope you can get some assistance from family or friends in accompanying you to your local social office and speak on your behalf if you cannot reach them by phone. Please also reach out to your local VA office for assistance.

Leave a reply

3 Responses to I need help I got put out my home on January 32017. Help me please I’m sick….

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming