Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Author Archives: admin

Married! How do I change my name and address on my social security card.

A) According to the Social Security Administration: To change your name on your card, you must show documents proving your legal name change and identity. You also must show a document proving your U.S. citizenship, if it is not already in our records. You must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. SSA cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies.

You must show your legal name change with one of the following documents:
• Marriage document.
• Divorce decree.
• Certificate of naturalization showing a new name.
• Court order for a name change.
SSA may ask to see identity documents showing your old name and documents
showing your new name. Identity documents in your old name may be expired.
Your identity
A document showing your name, identifying information, and photograph, such as
one of the following:
• U.S. driver’s license.
• State-issued non-driver’s identification card.
• U.S. passport.
SSA may be able to accept your:
• Employee identification card.
• School identification card.
• Health insurance card.
• U.S. military identification card.
Your U.S. citizenship
One of the following documents:
• U.S. birth certificate.
• U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
• U.S. passport.
• Certificate of Naturalization.
• Certificate of Citizenship.

May I mail a form W-4V to a local office?

A) According to the Social Security Administration, you can ask them to withhold your federal taxes from your Social Security benefit payment when you first apply. If you are already receiving benefits or if you want to change or stop your withholding, you’ll need a Form W-4V from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). You can… Continue Reading

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

4 Responses to I have been on permanent disability since i was 48 years old, now….

  1. can you stay working at the same job and still collect your social security???

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming