Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Can I get any kind of help from the government, My husband left me in quite a bind financially.

Q) I would like to know if I can get any kind of help from the government on:
I am 60 yrs old and am getting a divorce and I cannot find another job to make ends meet. My husband left me in quite a bind financially. I am working as a waitress part time,at 30 hours every 2 weeks. I am wondering what I can do to keep where I live in my home. I have trailer rent, lights gas, phone, of which I need to live, and I don’t make enough to cover these.
Thank you; Piney S

A) If you’re looking for immediate or emergency help, your state’s human service or social service agency might be able to provide financial assistance or refer you to local community organizations. is a free website that can help you determine which types of government assistance you might qualify for and how and where to apply. Using the Benefit Finder, answer questions about yourself and your needs to see if you’re eligible for programs to help you pay for food, health insurance, or other necessities. Check back with in the future to see if you’re eligible for additional benefits after major life events and as new benefit programs become available.

Leave a reply

One Response to Wondering what I’m to do if someone cashed my disability checks?

  1. My husband has now become legal blind, he receives his regular SS check
    monthly. Being he is now become legally blind and can not drive himself around, and do somethings for himself, Is he eligible for a increase from Social Security?

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming