Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I changed banks and need to let social security know

Q) I changed banks and need to let social security know the name and number of account so they can direct deposit the check.

The payee’s Direct Deposit will continue to be received by the selected financial institution until the Government agency
is notified by the payee that the payee wishes to change the financial institution receiving the Direct Deposit. To effect this
change, the payee will complete a new SF 1199A at the newly selected financial institution. It is recommended that the
payee maintain accounts at both financial institutions until the transition is complete, i.e. after the new financial institution
receives the payee’s Direct Deposit payment. Click for DIRECT DEPOSIT SIGN-UP FORM

2 Responses to I changed banks and need to let social security know

  1. According to the Social Security Administration:

    You can use this online form to report allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse concerning SSA programs and operations. Our office also addresses allegations of criminal activity and serious misconduct involving Social Security employees. Moreover, we have jurisdiction to investigate allegations of work and assets concealment, representative payee misuse and trafficking of Social Security numbers and cards.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

3 Responses to I need help I got put out my home on January 32017. Help me please I’m sick….

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming