Married! How do I change my name and address on my social security card.

A) According to the Social Security Administration: To change your name on your card, you must show documents proving your legal name change and identity. You also must show a document proving your U.S. citizenship, if it is not already in our records. You must present original documents or copies certified by the agency that issued them. SSA cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies.

You must show your legal name change with one of the following documents:
• Marriage document.
• Divorce decree.
• Certificate of naturalization showing a new name.
• Court order for a name change.
SSA may ask to see identity documents showing your old name and documents
showing your new name. Identity documents in your old name may be expired.
Your identity
A document showing your name, identifying information, and photograph, such as
one of the following:
• U.S. driver’s license.
• State-issued non-driver’s identification card.
• U.S. passport.
SSA may be able to accept your:
• Employee identification card.
• School identification card.
• Health insurance card.
• U.S. military identification card.
Your U.S. citizenship
One of the following documents:
• U.S. birth certificate.
• U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad.
• U.S. passport.
• Certificate of Naturalization.
• Certificate of Citizenship.