My wallet was stolen on Friday 6/7/24. Need replacement of SS card and I Medicare card.

A) I’m sorry to hear about your stolen wallet. Here’s how to replace your Social Security (SS) card and Medicare card:

Social Security Card:

There are three ways to replace your SS card:

  • Online: You can request a replacement online if you have a my Social Security account
  • Phone: Call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY: 1-800-325-0778) Monday through Friday, 7 am to 7 pm ET.
  • In Person: Visit your local Social Security office. You can find your closest office by entering your zip code on the Social Security Administration website

Medicare Card:

  • Phone: Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or TTY 1-877-486-2048.
  • Online: You can also request a replacement Medicare card online if you have a secure Medicare account

Additional Steps:

  • Report the theft to the police: File a police report to document the theft. This report may be helpful if you need to prove your identity while you wait for your replacement cards.
  • Consider placing a fraud alert: Contact one of the three major credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) to place a fraud alert on your credit report. This will make it more difficult for someone to open new accounts in your name. You can contact all three bureaus for free at

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *