If you applied for Social Security benefits, you can check the status of your application online.
Your application status shows:
- The date Social Security Administration received your application;
- Any requests for additional documents;
- The address of the office processing your application; and
- If a decision has been made.
If you receive an error, it may be because:
You entered an incorrect Social Security number or confirmation number;
You did not complete the application; or
- Social Security Administration made a final decision on your application more than four months ago.
If anything prevents you from checking your application status online, call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.
If you live outside the United States, refer to Service Around the World.