Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Assistance to aged needy individuals

Sec. 1. [42 U.S.C. 301]  For the purpose of enabling each State, as far as practicable under the conditions in such State, to furnish financial assistance to aged needy individuals, there is hereby authorized to be appropriated for each fiscal year a sum sufficient to carry out the purposes of this title. The sums made available under this section shall be used for making payments to States which have submitted, and had approved by the Secretary of Health, Education, and Welfare[4] (hereinafter referred to as the “Secretary”), State plans for old-age assistance. [4]  This was deemed a reference to the Secretary of Health and Human Services under section 509 of the “Department of Education Organization Act” (P.L. 96-88, 93 Stat. 695), effective May 4, 1980.

4 Responses to Assistance to aged needy individuals

  1. Please call your local SSA national toll-free service at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or visiting your local Social Security office on this issue.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

5 Responses to My grandson has severe OCD. How can we apply for some form of help?

  1. Do I need to sign up for medicare part A by the time I turn 65 if I am still working or am I automatically signed up?

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming