Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I am moving to GA, how do I transfer SSI and how much will it be?

Q) I am moving from Los Angeles to Douglasville ga. I already have ssi, how do I transfer it here and how much will it be?

A) To change your address with Social Security, please call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday or contact your local Social Security office.

According to Social Security Administration on moving:

Your living arrangement is another factor we use to determine how much SSI you can get. Your living arrangement is where you live and who pays for your food and shelter items. We may reduce your SSI benefits because of your living arrangement when any of the following apply:

You live in another person’s home and pay less than your fair share of the food or housing costs.
You live in your own home and someone else is paying for all or part of your food, rent, mortgage, or utility expenses.
You live in a private or public hospital or nursing home for the whole month and Medicare pays for over one-half of the cost of your care.
You live in an institution run by a federal, state, or local government for the whole month.
You are a minor child living in a medical treatment facility for the whole month and private insurance or Medicaid, or both, pays over half your bill.
Some states provide an additional supplement to the SSI payment. To see if your state offers assistance, visit Understanding Supplemental Security Income.

You should report if you move, if there are changes in how much you contribute towards expenses, or if the number of people with whom you live changes. Report changes in your living arrangement at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, or contact your local Social Security office.


Leave a reply

How can I check the states of my disability application?

Q) How can I check the states of my disability application A)  If you applied for benefits, you can check the status of your application online. Your application status shows:  The date we received your application; Any requests for additional documents; The address of the office processing your application; and If a decision has been made.… Continue Reading

One Response to How can I check the states of my disability application?

  1. I have been trying for TWO YEARS to make contact with SSA re my pension. I have eMailed, telephoned and written letters as well as havion g my bank FAX documents according to your directives. NONE were ever acknowledged or responded to. I have changed my address and all future mail from SSA will soon be returned to SSAA «address unknown». THis is a ridiculous situation and ALL phone numbers provided on your dysfunctional website are not usable in Canada.

    PLEASE contact me and provide some means of EFFECTIVELY changing by address and banking route.

    Thank You,

    Freeman D*****
    8****0 W*****e Road
    L****h, BC
    v9g 1×4

    Please DO NOT refer me to the US Consulate in Vancouver as they NEVER answer their phone!

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming