Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I need a card replacement because I lost my card

Q) I need a card replacement because I lost my card

A) To get a replacement Social Security card:

Step 1: Gather documents proving your:

Identity; and
U.S. citizenship or current work-authorized* immigration status.
*A non citizen not permitted to work must show us a letter from a federal, state or local government agency that explains you need a number and meet all the requirements for a benefit.

Step 2: Complete an Application for a Social Security Card.

Step 3: Take or mail your completed application and documents to your local Social Security office.

All documents must be either originals or copies certified by the issuing agency. SSA cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. Any documents you mail to SSA will be returned to you along with a receipt.


2 Responses to I need a card replacement because I lost my card

  1. According to The Social Security Administration: Applying for a Social Security Card is free!
    ● Apply for an original Social Security card
    ● Apply for a replacement Social Security card
    ● Change or correct information on your Social Security number record

    Apply here

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

What do I have to do to reapply for disability?

Q) Last year I applied for disability and after an appointment with a Dr. in Cody Wyoming, arranged by the local Social Security office, I was denied disability. In January of this year I had a jury trial in Federal court in Casper Wy, where I was awarded damages due to my permanent injuries. My attorneys… Continue Reading

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming