Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Can I get Social Security from deceased husband once I am 63 years of age?

Q) Can I get Social Security from deceased husband once I am 63 years of age? If so is it a percentage or full amount?

A) You can receive benefits as a surviving divorced spouse on the Social Security record of a deceased former spouse who is fully insured.  If you:

  • Are at least age 60, or age 50 and disabled;
  • Were married to the former spouse for at least 10 years;
  • Are not entitled to a higher Social Security benefit on your own record; and
  • Are unmarried, unless the following exception applies:  You remarried after age 60; or after age 50 and at the time of re-marriage you were entitled to Social Security disability benefits.

You can apply or get an estimate of benefits online or by calling 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Leave a reply

3 Responses to I had my right knee replaced. Can I apply for Supplemental Security Insurance?

  1. I received a call from a fake caller pretending to be from the social security office. Dealing with some wrong doings with my Ss# I’ve done nothing but contact y’all. It’s been happening a lot lately my phone and a few of my friends phones got hacked the other week and a lot of strange things have been happening

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming