Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

How do I get a copy of my mother’s SSA-1099 for 2012 tax filing?

Q) How do I get a copy of my mother’s SSA-1099 for 2012 tax filing? She claims she did not receive one.
I did not see where I could find one on the web site. Thank you.

A) You can request a copy of your SSA-1099 online

According to Social Security Administration: If you need a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for an earlier tax year, contact us.
You can request an SSA-1099/1042S for yourself or on behalf of a deceased beneficiary if you are receiving benefits on the same record as the deceased.
For security reasons, there is a 30 minute time limit to complete each page. We will warn you when you run out of time. You can get more time to finish.

You can request a copy of your most recent SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S 

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

Qualifing for disability benefits with a terminal illness

According to the Social Security administration website, A person with a terminal illness may qualify for disability benefits. The requirements are the same as for a person with a non-terminal illness. Social Security Administration make every effort to identify a case involving a person with a potentially terminal illness as early in the claims process… Continue Reading

3 Responses to Qualifing for disability benefits with a terminal illness

  1. Hello my name is Omar Izhaiman
    I have been homeless almost three months i moved to page Az am back to flagstaff am somewhere else I have begging friends and family for help but they can’t help me any more the 2 jobs in page Az fired me and I can’t keep a job since you already have me on file everything have in expiration date even the passport my other part of the family from Phoenix i eat once a day and I do not have even water to drink am living on the street my phone number is (602-551-0074)

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming