Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

How can I ensure no one can use my deceased father’s social security number

Q) How can I ensure no one can use my deceased father’s social security number. It appears someone is using it and has changed his date of birth from 5/21/19** to 9/4/19**. My father died on June 20,, 1999 at the age of 78 years old. The current use of his social security number shows he is 54 years old. My dad’s social security number was **********; DOB; 05/21/19**. Thank you. My phone number is 757-***-****. My dad’s name was John Wil****** and I am the oldest daughter. My mother passed on May 30, 20**.

A) If someone has misused your Social Security number (or your fathers) or other personal information to create credit or other problems for you, Social Security cannot resolve these problems. But there are several things you should do. You should go to and report the identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission. Or, you can call 1-877-IDTHEFT (1-877-438-4338); TTY 1-866-653-4261. That website is a one stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect and defend against identity theft. Also, you should file an online complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) at The IC3 gives victims of cybercrime a convenient and easy-to-use reporting mechanism that alerts authorities of suspected criminal or civil violations. IC3 sends every complaint to one or more law enforcement or regulatory agencies with jurisdiction.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to  I need a copy of my SSD hearing ALJ O. Eugene Powell Jr in Columbia.

  1. I will make sure Joe Biden contact you and see whats going on with my case

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming