Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I am a retired U.S citizen living abroad, How do I go about applying for Social Security Number

Q) I am a retired U.S citizen living abroad. I was legally married six years ago to a foreign national woman from China who has 2 dependent children. I would like to be able to include her and the children on my US tax return, as legal deductions. How do I go about applying for either a SSN or an ITIN for her at this time. Thank you in advance for your prompt reply. Jack

A) According to the Social Security Administration: Throughout the world, there are a number of American embassies and consulates who have specially trained personnel that provide a full range of Social Security services, including the taking of applications for benefits. By locating your country of residence via the link below, you can access information on the Social Security-trained U.S. embassy or consulate that provide services for that country:

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

3 Responses to I need help I got put out my home on January 32017. Help me please I’m sick….

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming