Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

How could my daddy get his wife widow pay

Q) How could my daddy get his wife widow pay

A) According to the Social Security Administration: IF you are a widow or widower you can receive:

reduced benefits as early as age 60 or full benefits at full retirement age or older.

benefits as early as age 50 if he or she is disabled AND their disability started before or within seven years of your death.

Note: If a widow or widower who is caring for your children receives Social Security benefits, he or she is still eligible if their disability starts before those payments end or within seven years after they end.
Widows, widowers, and surviving divorced spouses cannot apply online for survivors benefits. If they want to apply for disability benefits on your record, they should contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 to request an appointment. (If they are deaf or hard of hearing, they should call our TTY number, 1-800-325-0778.)

3 Responses to How could my daddy get his wife widow pay

  1. Your situation needs urgent attention. Please call or visit you nearest social service office and seek assistance as soon as possible.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming