I got my Social Security shut off

Q)  My daughter is my payee she had moved and totally spaced up I’m putting her change of address in at Social Security office she’s my payee don’t have no control over anything I do or say now that she forgot to put her address in at the office because they do not forward anything I got my Social Security shut off I know that a week ago now today my daughter put in her change of address but I have not heard from anybody since and I’m losing everything my Social Security was my everything it’s just I don’t know what to do maybe just take it away from me that quick

A) I’m sorry to hear about the situation you’re in. It sounds like there was a miscommunication or oversight regarding your daughter’s change of address, which caused your Social Security benefits to be stopped. However, it’s important to understand that your benefits shouldn’t be taken away from you without due process.

If your benefits were stopped due to a change of address issue, you should contact the Social Security Administration (SSA) as soon as possible to notify them of the situation and ask for assistance in reinstating your benefits. You can contact the SSA by phone at 1-800-772-1213 or by visiting your local SSA office.

In the meantime, you may want to consider reaching out to local organizations or charities that can provide assistance with basic needs such as food, housing, and medical care. Your state or local government may also offer programs that can help you during this difficult time.

It’s important to remain persistent and keep following up with the SSA until your benefits are reinstated. You have a right to due process and should not lose your benefits without a proper explanation and opportunity to appeal the decision.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *