I just want to know when my SSA income tax statement for 2016 will be coming?

Q) When calling 1-800-772-1213 the wait is 40 minutes-that is too long to wait. I just want to know when my SSA income tax statement for 2016 will be coming. I would like to file asap. Thank you

A) According to the SSA: An SSA-1099 is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

If you are a noncitizen who lives outside of the United States and you received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, we will send you form SSA-1042S instead.

The forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Replacement Documents” tab;

Calling us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

Contacting your local Social Security office. https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/article/3706/how-can-i-get-a-form-ssa-1099-1042s-social-security-benefit-statement

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *