Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I may needing to do something at this moment in time to PREPARE for my retirement…

Q) I just turned 65 in October of this year. I am currently working full time and I expect to be working well into 2019 at the least. I have health insurance through my wife as she is younger than I and still working as well. I am just trying to figure out if there is something I am supposed to be doing at this moment in time? I just don’t have any clue and I am afraid that I may needing to do something at this moment in time to PREPARE for my retirement, but I just don’t know WHAT I should be doing. Can you help me? Advice?

A) If you were born between 1943 and 1954, the full retirement age is 66. Social Security will give you a “bonus” if you delay the start of benefits; for people born after 1943, the amount you get is an extra 8 percent for every year you delay collecting Social Security up until age 70. When you start to collect Social Security impacts how much you get for the rest of your life. The longer you delay the start of your benefits, the more you will get monthly when you start. In the mean time it is best that you save and build a nest egg to help you when you start your retirement.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

Where and who do I report an fraudulent disability claim?

Q) Where and who do I report an fraudulent disability claim that is scheduled for a final hearing this upcoming week in Charleston, SC. A) According to Social Security Administration website – You can use this online form to report allegations of fraud, waste, and abuse concerning SSA programs and operations. Our office also addresses allegations of criminal… Continue Reading

3 Responses to Where and who do I report an fraudulent disability claim?

  1. 1. what do I need to do to apply for disability for my mother and father

    2. my mother recently became a USA Citizen which is the form I need to feel out

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming