I need to start having taxes taken out of my monthly social security check. Am I able to come in to the office to complete that? Do I need an appointment?

A) If you want to have taxes withheld from your Social Security benefits, you have a few options:

Online: You can set up tax withholding for your Social Security benefits online through the “my Social Security” portal on the Social Security Administration (SSA) website. If you already have an account, log in and update your tax withholding preferences. If you don’t have an account, you can create one to access the online services.

Phone: You can call the Social Security Administration at their toll-free number, 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), and speak with a representative to request tax withholding. They will guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have.

In-person: While many Social Security services are available online or over the phone, you may still be able to visit your local Social Security office in person. However, it is recommended to check the SSA’s website or call ahead to see if an appointment is required or if walk-in services are available.

Remember that having taxes withheld from your Social Security benefits is a personal decision, and you may want to consult with a tax professional or financial advisor to understand the potential tax implications and make the best decision for your individual situation.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *