Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I would like to take my name off my stepsons account with ssi

Q) I would like to take my name off my stepsons account with ssi. I am no longer with his father but I believe he never removed me from his account. his father works and everything should be transferred into his name. how do I remove myself from his account?

A) You need to call or preferably visit your local Social Security office and speak with a Social Security counselor regrading how to remove your name off your stepsons account with Social Security.

Leave a reply

I received my direct payment, amount has changed being less by $40.92 WHY?

Q) I received my direct payment for February 2014 and the amount has changed being less by $40.92 WHY????? A) Please contact your local Social Security office regarding your benefit reduction. You can call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). By calling 1-800-772-1213, you can use SSA automated telephone services to get recorded information and conduct some… Continue Reading

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming