I’d like to turn in my tax form to have taxes with help for my Social Security

A) I’m happy to help you with your question about taxes and Social Security.

If you receive Social Security benefits and have other sources of income, you may be required to pay taxes on a portion of your Social Security benefits. To determine whether you need to pay taxes on your Social Security benefits, you will need to file a tax return with the IRS.

To file your tax return, you will need to obtain the appropriate tax forms, such as the 1040 form or the 1040-SR form, from the IRS. You can download these forms from the IRS website, or you can obtain them at a local IRS office or post office.

If you need help preparing your tax return, you may be able to get free tax assistance through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program or the Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) program. These programs offer free tax help to individuals with low to moderate incomes, seniors, and people with disabilities. You can find a VITA or TCE location near you by using the locator tool on the IRS website or by calling the IRS toll-free at 1-800-829-1040.

It’s important to file your tax return accurately and on time to avoid any penalties or interest charges. If you have any questions or concerns about filing your tax return, I would recommend speaking with a tax professional or reaching out to the IRS for assistance.

To file your taxes and request help for your Social Security benefits, you can use the IRS’s Free File program. This program offers free tax preparation software and filing assistance to eligible taxpayers.

To be eligible for Free File, you must meet the following requirements:

  • Your adjusted gross income (AGI) must be $73,000 or less, or
  • You must be eligible for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).

If you meet the eligibility requirements, you can choose from a variety of tax preparation software programs offered by the IRS. These programs will guide you through the tax filing process and help you to claim all of the deductions and credits that you are entitled to.

If you need help with your Social Security benefits, you can also use the Free File program to contact the IRS. The IRS will be able to help you to understand your benefits and to file for any necessary adjustments.

To file your taxes and request help for your Social Security benefits, you can visit the IRS’s website at www.irs.gov/freefile.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *