Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

I’m having a serious issue with a Social Security Overpayment since 2011

Q) I’m having a serious issue with a Social Security Overpayment since 2011. In May 2011, I received a letter from SSA stating that they overpaid me $37,000 due by the 4th of the next month. I immediately contacted my local Social Security office. The SSA rep at the local office advised that I needed a waiver to proceed with possibly getting the overpayments waived. I completed the form, gave all the required documentation and the representative advised that the waiver will take several weeks to process. ……….

A) An overpayment occurs when Social Security pays you more than you should have been paid. If this happens, we will notify you and your representative payee, if you have one. Our notice will explain why you have been overpaid, your repayment options, and your appeal and waiver rights. You should read the notice carefully.

I would recommend that you visit your local Social Security office and speak with a counselor regarding your issues with “Social Security Overpayment since 2011″


Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

4 Responses to I have been on permanent disability since i was 48 years old, now….

  1. can you stay working at the same job and still collect your social security???

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming