Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

My husband passed away .. I think his social security benefit would be more than mine.

Q) I recently retired: May 31, 2022. I didn’t know how to sign-up for benefits. My husband passed away in September 2017. I think his social security benefit would be more than mine. Please respond.

A) According to the Social Security Administration survivors benefits are paid to widows eligible workers. This type of benefit is very important for young families with children. You could be eligible for benefits based on the earnings of your deceased husband.

According to the SSA You cannot report a death or apply for survivors benefits online. If you need to report a death or apply for benefits, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). You can speak to a Social Security representative between 8:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You can also call your local Social Security office and set up an appointment to speak with a counselor.

Leave a reply

State Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming