Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Had a payee of my Social Security Insurance money and she was taking my money each month

Q) I had a payee of my Social Security Insurance money and she was taking my money each month and giving me very little or none at all, I want to have her pay me back all the money she stole from me,Can I get a form to file out to press charges against her for doing this???

A) If you suspect Social Security fraud, contact our Office of Inspector General (OIG) using one of the following methods:

Use our online Fraud Reporting form;
Call the Fraud Hotline number at 1-800-269-0271 (TTY 1-866-501-2101) between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday;
Fax us at: 410-597-0118 (standard long distance rates may apply); or
Write to: Social Security OIG Hotline
P.O. Box 17785
Baltimore, Maryland 21235-7785.


Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

5 Responses to I am currently in an appeal for my disability, showing earnings I did not have

  1. According to the Social Security Administration – You can continue working and start receiving your retirement benefits. … You can get Social Security retirement benefits and work at the same time before your full retirement age. However your benefits will be reduced if you earn more than the yearly earnings limits. After you reach your full retirement age, SSA will recalculate your benefit amount to give you credit for any months you did not receive a benefit because of your earnings. They will send you a letter that explains any increase in your benefit amount.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming