Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

My son wants to get P/T Job. Will this affect his Social Security Benefits Check

Q) Me and my husband draw disability social security. My son draws from his father. He is almost 16 and wants to get a part time after school job. Will this affect his check he draws off of his fathers social security?

A) Social Security benefits stop when your child reaches age 18 unless your child is a student or disabled. Please contact your local Social Security office and speak with a counselor on how your child’d part time work may (or may not) affect his current benefits.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to  I need a copy of my SSD hearing ALJ O. Eugene Powell Jr in Columbia.

  1. I will make sure Joe Biden contact you and see whats going on with my case

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming