Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Received a shredded year end statement from social security. How do I get other?

Q) Thanks to Carlisles fine fine post office, I just received a shredded year end statement from social security. It’s so shredded I can’t read any of the info, it’s in a hundred pieces. If it’s the statement telling me next years amount, or this years total payout, I’ll Ned another one for my taxes to be prepared, or just to see what is ahead for this upcoming year. How do I get another one sent, not exactly sure what it even was, but I’d like another one. How do I get it.

A) According to the Social Security Administration: If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:

Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the “Replacement Documents” tab;

Calling us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; or

Contacting your local Social Security office.


Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

7 Responses to I am disabled, received benefits when my father died, My mother died……….

  1. i turn 65 in september.i plan on working untill feb.2022.when should i call in to turn on my security benefits on jan. 1 2022.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming