My experience at New York, N.Y Social Security Office – Erika

Your Name (Can Be Anonymous): Erika S.

Your Experience: My mother Elsa S. is 97 years old. For the past 10 years I have been picking up her “Award Letter” which she needs to verify her income to the Housing. Initially I had a letter signed by her giving me permission to do this. For the past couple of years the clerk told me I don’t need to verify her permission as they have it on file.
My complaints is with a Mrs. Rentas who took care of me on Tuesday, November 17th. She refused to give me the letter as she stated that the permission slip was three years old. She handed me a form to fill out and to be signed by my mother. I did just that. On Wednesday, November 18th my husband, whose name appears on the consent form, went to pick up the Award Letter. Now he was told that they need proof that that was her signature. When asked why they did not mention this the other day, “Sorry” was the answer.
First of, no where on the consent form does it state that it is only valid for 12 months. Also if it was not valid for three years why was I not told the last time I was there last year. I feel I am discriminated agains because of the inefficiency of the office. I also have power of attorney, but was told that it is not accepted by the Social Security office. I am at my wits end as I can’t bring my 97 year old mother physically to office.

Your Social Security Office City: 345 E. 102 Street NY

Your Social Security Office State: New York, N.Y. 10029

Your Wait Time: 10 minutes

Time: November 18, 2015 at 12:21 pm

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *