Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

They cut my benefit, what’s wrong?

Q) My name HUYNH***** social number 230-*******2,i went too VietNam about 11 month and i get every month 981 on this month Dicember 18/2013. I just get 876. I know they cut off 105. What wrong please let me now soon. thanks you

A) According to Social Security Administration website:

Your benefit rate is reduced if you become entitled to the following benefits at the ages shown:
Retirement insurance benefits at age 62 through the month before you reach Full Retirement Age (FRA);
Husband’s or wife’s insurance benefits at age 62 through the month before you reach FRA, provided that you do not have in care a child of the worker either under age 16 or disabled and entitled to benefits;
Widow(er)’s insurance benefits beginning at any time from age 50 through the month before you reach FRA;
Widow(er)’s insurance benefits after the deceased worker has received a retirement insurance benefit reduced for age;
Disability insurance benefits received after a reduced retirement insurance benefit; or
Retirement or disability insurance benefits received after a reduced widow(er)’s insurance benefit. This applies only to workers born before 1928.

Please call Social Security Administration at toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). OR Call your local Social Security office for more information on your reduction in benefits.

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to Wondering what I’m to do if someone cashed my disability checks?

  1. My husband has now become legal blind, he receives his regular SS check
    monthly. Being he is now become legally blind and can not drive himself around, and do somethings for himself, Is he eligible for a increase from Social Security?

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming