What document’s do I bring to get copy of sons social security card?

Q) What document’s do I need to bring in so that I may obtain a copy of my 2 yr olds sons social security card for documentation for dcfs

A) To get a copy of your son’s Social Security card, you will need to provide documents that prove your identity and your relationship to your son. Specifically, you will need to provide:

  1. Proof of identity: You will need to show a valid, government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, state-issued ID card, or U.S. passport.
  2. Proof of your relationship to your son: You will need to show a document that proves your relationship to your son, such as his birth certificate, adoption papers, or guardianship papers.

In addition to these documents, you may also be asked to provide proof of your son’s identity, such as his birth certificate, passport, or medical record.

It’s important to note that some Social Security offices may have additional requirements or may request additional documents, so it’s always a good idea to check with the specific office before you go to make sure you have everything you need.

According to Social Security Administration; You can replace your card or your child’s card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you are limited to three replacement cards in a year and 10 during your lifetime. Legal name changes and other exceptions do not count toward these limits. For example, changes in noncitizen status that require card updates may not count toward these limits. Also, you may not be affected by these limits if you can prove you need the card to prevent a significant hardship.

To get a replacement card, you will need to:

  • Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5);
  • Present an unexpired original document with identifying information and preferably a recent photograph that proves your identity;
  • Show evidence of your U.S. citizenship if you were born outside the United States and did not show proof of citizenship when you got your card; and
  • Show evidence of your current lawful noncitizen status if you are not a U.S. citizen.

Your replacement card will have the same name and number as your previous card. read more

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *