Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Both of my parents died in 2018. How do I get copies of their final SSA-1099s next January?

Q) Both of my parents died in 2018 and the address known for them to SSA is no longer valid. How do I get copies of their final SSA-1099s next January?

A) Recommend that you visit your local Social Security office and bring with you proof of death and make your request to change the mailing address of their final SSA-1099s

Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

5 Responses to I am currently in an appeal for my disability, showing earnings I did not have

  1. According to the Social Security Administration – You can continue working and start receiving your retirement benefits. … You can get Social Security retirement benefits and work at the same time before your full retirement age. However your benefits will be reduced if you earn more than the yearly earnings limits. After you reach your full retirement age, SSA will recalculate your benefit amount to give you credit for any months you did not receive a benefit because of your earnings. They will send you a letter that explains any increase in your benefit amount.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming