Can I apply for Medicare insurance at age 65 if I am currently working full time?

Q) Can I apply for Medicare insurance at age 65 if I am currently working full time without receiving a social security check?

A) Yes! Apply Online For Medicare – Even If You Are Not Ready To Retire.

Medicare is a federal health insurance plan for people who are age 65 or older. People who are disabled or have permanent kidney failure can get Medicare at any age. Medicare has four parts—A, B, C and D. Hospital insurance (Part A) is free for insured people and helps pay for inpatient hospital care and certain
follow-up services. If you are eligible, you should apply for Part A a few months before you turn age 65, even if you are covered by other health insurance.
The other three parts of Medicare require premium payments, and you may pay different amounts, depending
on when you apply:
• Medical Insurance (Part B) helps
pay for doctors’ services, outpatient
hospital care and other medical
• Medicare Advantage plans (Part C) are
available in many areas. People with
Parts A and B can choose to receive all
of their health care services through a
provider organization under Part C.
• Prescription drug coverage (Part D)
helps pay for medications doctors
prescribe for medical treatment.
For more information, ask for Medicare
(Publication No. 05-10043) or go online to

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *