My grandson has severe OCD. How can we apply for some form of help?

Q) My grandson has severe OCD and doesn’t leave the house. How can we apply for some form of help and also an advocate. He is 19 and is being seen by a psychiatrist and a counselor and is on medicine.

A) You grandson may be entitled for benefits if he is declared disabled as according to the Social Security Administration on – who can get child’s benefits?
Your child can get benefits if he or she is your biological child, adopted child or dependent stepchild. (In some cases, your child also could be eligible for benefits on his or her grandparents’ earnings.)
To get benefits, a child must have:
• A parent(s) who is disabled or retired and
entitled to Social Security benefits; or
• A parent who died after having worked long
enough in a job where he or she paid Social
Security taxes.
The child also must be:
• Unmarried;
• Younger than age 18;
• 18-19 years old and a full-time student (no
higher than grade 12); or
• 18 or older and disabled. (The disability must
have started before age 22.)


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *