I need an appointment to get a copy of my 1099 for my unemployment. I neve received anything and I can not get through to them. I was told I could get one from Social Security.

A) To get an appointment to get a copy of your 1099 for your unemployment from Social Security, you can call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778). The Social Security Administration (SSA) is responsible for issuing 1099 forms to Social Security beneficiaries and to people who received unemployment benefits.

You can also request a replacement 1099 form online through your my Social Security account. To do this, you will need to create an account if you don’t already have one. Once you are logged in, click on the “Replace Your Tax Form SSA-1099/SSA-1042S” link.

If you are unable to get through to the SSA by phone or online, you can visit your local Social Security office in person. However, it is important to note that Social Security offices are often very busy, so it is best to call ahead to make an appointment.

Here are some additional tips for getting a copy of your 1099 from Social Security:

  • When you call the SSA, be prepared to provide your Social Security number and date of birth.
  • If you are requesting a replacement 1099 form online, make sure that your my Social Security account is up-to-date with your current address and phone number.
  • If you are visiting a Social Security office in person, bring a valid form of identification, such as a driver’s license or passport.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *