My father passed away on 12/25/22. I am trying to file his taxes, need to know his income

Q) My father passed away 12/25/22. I am the Special Administrator for my dad’s estate. I am trying to file his taxes for 2022 and I need to know what his income was from the SSA for 2022. How can I find that out?

A) I’m sorry for your loss. To obtain your father’s income information from the Social Security Administration (SSA) for 2022, you will need to request a copy of his SSA-1099 form.

You can do this by contacting the SSA directly. You can call their toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 or visit their website at You will need to provide some identifying information about your father, such as his Social Security number and date of birth, as well as some information about yourself as the Special Administrator of his estate.

Once the SSA verifies your identity, they will be able to provide you with a copy of your father’s SSA-1099 form, which will show the amount of Social Security benefits he received in 2022. This information can then be used to file his taxes for the year.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *