I had a Social Security number, do you keep records of Social Security numbers?

Q) Dear Sir or Mme. I lived in Augusta Ga. in the year period 1982-1986 under a J2 visa.I was at the MCG doing a postdoc degree under the supervision of Dr. Vir************ Ph.D.

I had a Social Security number then and I would like to know if you keep records of Social Security numbers issued during this time period and if so, would you be as kind as to provide me with this information?
I would deeply appreciate it.

If you need any further confirmation of my identity, I would be prompt to assist. Looking forward to hear from you. ***** Cald*************** M.D.,Ph.D.

A) According to Social Security Administration; You can replace your card for free if it is lost or stolen. However, you are limited to three replacement cards in a year and 10 during your lifetime. Legal name changes and other exceptions do not count toward these limits. For example, changes in noncitizen status that require card updates may not count toward these limits. Also, you may not be affected by these limits if you can prove you need the card to prevent a significant hardship.

To get a replacement card, you will need to:

Complete an Application For A Social Security Card (Form SS-5);
Present an unexpired original document with identifying information and preferably a recent photograph that proves your identity;
Show evidence of your U.S. citizenship if you were born outside the United States and did not show proof of citizenship when you got your card; and
Show evidence of your current lawful noncitizen status if you are not a U.S. citizen.
Your replacement card will have the same name and number as your previous card. read more

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *