Social Security office Anniston AL – 801 QUINTARD AVE
Social Security Administration Office
801 QUINTARD AVE
ANNISTON, AL 36201
Hours: Monday to Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
|Services – Get Help With|
Social Security Card
Social Security Retirement
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Supplemental Security Income
And much more
Anniston AL Social Security office assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens. They also maintain earnings records under workers Social Security numbers and administrates Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled.
What should I do before visiting my local Social Security Office?
It’s always best to call and set an appointment with your local Social Security office before visiting. To make an appointment you need to:
- Call Social Security at 800.772.1213.
- Tell the automated system that you need an office appointment.
- Speak to a Social Security worker over the phone to request your office appointment.
What if I just do a walk in at a local Social Security Office?
If you do a walk in without an appointment you may encounter long delays and wait time. Without an appointment, SSA officials said you should expect long lines, especially during the busiest times in local offices; typically, on Mondays, the morning after a federal holiday or the first week of the month.
What documents should I bring with me at my local Social Security office appointment?
Depending on what services you may need such as replacement of your Social Security card, Medicare or Medicaid Services – you may need to have certain documents on hand, such as your:
- Social Security number
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal US residency
- Your Social Security Card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements and/or proof of income
- Proof of household inhabitants
- Marriage or divorce records
- U.S. military service papers
- A copy of W-2 forms and/or self-employment tax return for the previous year
If I can’t visit my local Social Security Office because of illness or mobility issues, what do I do?
Many Social Security services are available to you by calling the automated telephone services toll-free at 1‑800‑772‑1213. You can get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call their TTY number at 1‑800‑325‑0778.
What social security services are available to me online if I can’t visit my local office?
Most Social Security services are also available online with your “My Social Security account“. You can find services such as:
- Social Security Card replacement
- Request a new Medicare Card
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal a SSA Decision
- Change Your Address
- Set Up or Change Direct Deposit
- Print Proof of Benefits
- Print Your 1099
- View Your Latest Statement
- Review Your Earnings History
- Check Application Status
How do I contact the Social Security Administration if I have questions?
TTY number, 1‑800‑325‑0778
Social Security Administration
Office of Public Inquiries and Communications Support
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
Locate another Social Security Office near Anniston AL
See more Alabama Social Security Office Locations near Anniston AL