When will I receive my updated Part A & B Medicare card?

Q) I visited Bloomington Minnesota’s SS office on July 11, 2014 to enroll in benefits, including Medicare Part B. I was told Medicare Part B would start September 2014. First SS check would be November. Wondering when I will receive my updated Part A & B Medicare card, and when this will appear, or be reflected, on MyMedicare.gov and the secure social security site??

A) According to the Medicare Website: Within 2 weeks after your plan gets your completed application, you’ll get a letter letting you know it got your information. Within 5 weeks, you should get a welcome package with your membership card. If you need to go to the pharmacy before your membership card arrives, you can use any of these as proof of membership:

The acknowledgement, confirmation, or welcome letter you got from the plan.
An enrollment confirmation number you got from the plan, and the plan name and phone number.
A temporary card you may be able to print from MyMedicare.gov.
If you don’t have any of the items listed above, your pharmacist may be able to get your drug plan information if you provide your Medicare number or the last 4 digits of your Social Security Number.

If your pharmacist can’t get your drug plan information, you may have to pay out-of-pocket costs for your prescriptions. If you do, save your receipts and contact your plan to get your money back.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *