Find your local Social Security office. Not a government website

Am I eligible for Part B if I am not eligible for premium-free* Part A Medicare

Q) On February 26, 2014, I turn 65. Now, recently, I visited the S.S.A. building in Fenton, Missouri. I am a retired teacher, and I do not qualify for Part A(free),which I am only interested in Part B anyway. Here is what I am somewhat confused about: “Since I don’t have 40 quarters of coverage under Medicare, I would have to pay $441.00 monthly. Part B would be the standard $104.90 per month.” Mine question is: “Am I eligible for Part B or not?”

A) If you aren’t eligible for premium-free* Part A, you can buy Part B without having to buy Part A, if you’re:

  • 65 or older
  • A resident of the U.S., and either:
  • a U.S. citizen, or
  • an immigrant lawfully admitted for permanent residence who has lived in the U.S. without a break for the 5 year period immediately before the month you file for enrollment in Part B.

You can also call 1-800-MEDICARE to verify this answer.


Leave a reply

Tell us Your Experience at your Local Social Security Office in the comments section above.

Your experience will be shared on

One Response to This women is not disabled and is trying to cheat the Social Security.

Leave a reply

State Social Security Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming