Hi I need to replace my Social Security card it got stolen…

Q) Hi I need to replace my Social Security card it got stolen I’m trying to go on you guys website it’s not existing it won’t let me in please I need my Social Security card I don’t know how to do this but if you guys can contact me.

A) To obtain a replacement Social Security card, you will need to provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) with the following documents:

  1. Proof of identity: You will need to provide a U.S. driver’s license, a state-issued non-driver ID card, or a U.S. passport as proof of identity.
  2. Proof of citizenship or lawful presence: If you were not born in the United States, you will need to provide proof of your U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, such as a U.S. birth certificate or a permanent resident card.
  3. Proof of name change: If you have changed your name, you will need to provide legal documents showing the name change, such as a marriage certificate or court order.

You can submit the required documents either in person at a local Social Security office, by mail or online through the SSA website.

According to the Social Security Administration – The easiest way to request a replacement SSN card is online with a free, personal my Social Security account. You can go to http://www.ssa.gov/ssnumber and answer a few questions to find out the best way to apply. If you aren’t able to use a personal my Social Security account to request a replacement card, you can still begin the process online and complete it in a local Social Security office or card center usually in less time. If you do not begin the application online, you will need to fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card and bring it to your local Social Security office.