My goddaughters draw Social Security, trying to find out how to get their direct express card.

Q) Hi my 2 goddaughters draw Social Security off their dad. I have temporary custody of them and trying to find out how to get their direct express card or an appt to go to local office.

A) If your two goddaughters receive Social Security benefits from their father and you now have temporary custody of them, you may need to take certain steps to ensure that the benefits continue to be received. Here is what you can do:

  1. Contact the Social Security Administration (SSA): You can contact the SSA by calling the toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or by visiting a local SSA office. Explain the situation and ask what steps need to be taken to ensure the benefits are received by your goddaughters.
  2. Provide necessary documentation: You may need to provide proof of your temporary custody, such as a court order, and the Social Security numbers of your goddaughters.
  3. Direct Express Card: If your goddaughters receive their Social Security benefits through the Direct Express card, you may need to request a new card to be sent to your address. The SSA representative can assist you with this process.
  4. Schedule an appointment: If you need to visit a local SSA office, you may be able to schedule an appointment online or by calling the SSA toll-free number.

It is important to act promptly to ensure that your goddaughters continue to receive the benefits they are entitled to.


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *