SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE
3RD FL 755 2ND AVE AT 41ST NEW YORK, NY 10017
National Toll-Free 1-800-772-1213 TTY 1-800-325-0778
MON: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM; TUES: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM; WED: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM; THUR: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM; FRI: 09:00 AM – 03:00 PM; SAT & SUN: CLOSED
LEXINGTON AVE SUBWAY TO GRAND CENTRAL STATION. M15 BUS TO 42 ST, M101, M102 AND M103 TO 42 ST, M104, M42 TO 42 ST & 2 AV WALK TO 41 ST AND 2ND AVENUE. OFFICE IS LOCATED ON NORTHWEST SIDE OF STREET BETWEEN 40TH AND 41ST STREET. ONISTE PARKING IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS LOCATION. PASSENGERS CAN BE DROPPED OFF AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE OF THE BUILDING. SS5 APPLICATIONS WITH A MANHATTAN ADDRESS SHOULD BE DIRECTED TO THE MSSCC LOCATED AT 123 WILLIAM STREET 3RD FLOOR NEW YORK NY 10038
New York NY 2ND AVE Social Security office assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens.They also maintains earnings records under workers Social Security numbers and administrates Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled. Social Security Answers is here to help. Ask your question
New York NY Social Security Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Most Social Security offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand every person needs to provide Social Security number when required by a business or government entity. So a lot of people may be at the Social Security office with questions or concerns related to their Social Security number or benefits.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Social Security office, if you are late you may have to wait a while. The best way to avoid the long lines at the social security office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for your Social Security Card or any other Social Security benefits, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in the Social Security office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Social Security office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the social security office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet meet a friend while you wait.
Locate another Social Security Office near New York NY
Find more New York Social Security Office Locations near New York NY