Oklahoma Social Security offices assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens, maintain earnings records for workers under their Social Security numbers and administrate the Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled. You can visit your local North Dakota SS office and apply for your monthly retirement, survivor or disability cash benefits for which you qualify.
Scroll then Click on your office for Phone Contact, Map and More Information
What should I do before visiting my local Social Security Office?
It’s always best to call and set an appointment with your local Social Security office before visiting. To make an appointment you need to:
- Call Social Security at 800.772.1213.
- Tell the automated system that you need an office appointment.
- Speak to a Social Security worker over the phone to request your office appointment.
What if I just do a walk in at a local Social Security Office?
If you do a walk in without an appointment you may encounter long delays and wait time. Without an appointment, SSA officials said you should expect long lines, especially during the busiest times in local offices; typically, on Mondays, the morning after a federal holiday or the first week of the month.
What documents should I bring with me at my local Social Security office appointment?
Depending on what services you may need such as replacement of your Social Security card, Medicare or Medicaid Services – you may need to have certain documents on hand, such as your:
- Social Security number
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal US residency
- Your Social Security Card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements and/or proof of income
- Proof of household inhabitants
- Marriage or divorce records
- U.S. military service papers
- A copy of W-2 forms and/or self-employment tax return for the previous year
If I can’t visit my local Social Security Office because of illness or mobility issues, what do I do?
Many Social Security services are available to you by calling the automated telephone services toll-free at 1‑800‑772‑1213. You can get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call their TTY number at 1‑800‑325‑0778.
What social security services are available to me online if I can’t visit my local office?
Most Social Security services are also available online with your “My Social Security account“. You can find services such as:
- Social Security Card replacement
- Request a new Medicare Card
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal a SSA Decision
- Change Your Address
- Set Up or Change Direct Deposit
- Print Proof of Benefits
- Print Your 1099
- View Your Latest Statement
- Review Your Earnings History
- Check Application Status
How do I contact the Social Security Administration if I have questions?
TTY number, 1‑800‑325‑0778
Social Security Administration
Office of Public Inquiries and Communications Support
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
Oklahoma Social Security Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Oklahoma Social Security office can sometimes be crowded. You must understand every person needs to provide Social Security number when required by a business or government entity. So, a lot of people may be at the Social Security office with questions or concerns related to their Social Security number or benefits.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Oklahoma Social Security office, if you are late you will have to wait. the best way to avoid the long lines at the social security office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for your Social Security Card or any other Social Security issues, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often-long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in Oklahoma Social Security office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Social Security office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and lose you cool. Remember that the Oklahoma social security office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet a friend while you wait.
Locate another Social Security Office in a different state.