SOCIAL SECURITY OFFICE
1370 LOCKLAND AVE WINSTON SALEM, NC 27103
Local Number 1-877-402-0828 National Toll-Free 1-800-772-1213 TTY 1-336-722-8411
THE OFFICE HOURS ARE 9:00AM TO 3:00PM ON MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY AND FRIDAY. THE OFFICE HOURS ON WEDNESDAY ARE 9:00AM TO 12:00PM.
WE ARE LOCATED NEAR PETERS CREEK PKWY AND SILAS CREEK PKWY.
Winston NC Social Security office assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens.They also maintains earnings records under workers Social Security numbers and administrates Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled. Social Security Answers is here to help. Ask your question.
Winston NC Social Security Office Tips:
- Show Up Early: Most Social Security offices can sometimes be crowded. You must understand every person needs to provide Social Security number when required by a business or government entity. So a lot of people may be at the Social Security office with questions or concerns related to their Social Security number or benefits.
- Be prepared to wait: With lots of people at your local Social Security office, if you are late you may have to wait a while. The best way to avoid the long lines at the social security office is to get to the office early.
- Be prepared with your Documents: If you are applying for your Social Security Card or any other Social Security benefits, be sure to take with you all your required documents.
- Bring a snack: With the often long wait, you may get hungry. If you do, you can snack while you wait in the Social Security office. You don’t want to miss your number being called because you went out to buy a snack.
- Keep a Cool Head: With lots of people at the Social Security office waiting to be seen it’s easy to get frustrated and loose you cool. Remember that the social security office counselors are there to assist you. Keeping a cool head and being courteous will help speed the process along. Above all, enjoy the day. You may meet meet a friend while you wait.
My experience at Winston-Salem NC Social Security Office – Anony: The wait was long, but when I was finally called, the person behind the desk was very rude. She acted like I was bothering her and that she was doing me a favor by helping me. It is a disgrace that you have to put up with attitudes from the workers…….
My experience at Winston-Salem NC Social Security Office – anon: All of these people should be fired and replaced with folks that really want to help people. These government employees are very rude, do not like clarifying any information you may not understand, and most importantly, act like YOU are an interruption to THEIR day!
My experience at Winston Salem NC Social Security Office – Matt: I would like to tell you that this office is working efficiently. As I told the gentleman that assisted me, you just have to be patient and wait your turn. I felt the wait time was reasonable. I accomplished what I set out to do.
Locate another Social Security Office near Winston NC
Find more North Carolina Social Security Office locations near Winston NC
My experience at Winston Salem NC Social Security Office M.V. Horrible. I was told that my temporary license along with my expired license wasn’t sufficient…….
My experience at Winston Salem NC Social Security Office – Lisa: Horrible horrible horrible. I ended up calling the Senator’s office because I could t get anywhere in person or on the phone. These people are rude and have no empathy whatsoever with disability and what you have to go through. …..