Social Security office Chico CA – 1370 E. LASSEN AVE
Social Security Administration Office
1370 E. LASSEN AVE
CHICO, CA 95973
Hours: Monday to Friday
9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
|Services: Get Help With|
Social Security Card
Social Security Retirement
Access Medicare Services
Access Medicaid Services
Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
Supplemental Security Income
And much more
- I AM 66 YRS OLD & ON SS DISABILITY. I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR EX-SPOUSAL BENEFITS IN THE HOPES I COULD INCREASE MY BENEFIT AMOUNT.Q) I AM 66 YRS OLD & ON SS DISABILITY. I WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR EX-SPOUSAL BENEFITS IN THE HOPES I COULD INCREASE MY BENEFIT AMOUNT. (WE WERE MARRIED 18 YRS). I CANNOT GET THRU VIA PHONE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT. DO I NEED TO GO TO YOUR CLEARWATER OFFICE IN PERSON? I LIVE IN LARGO, FL. THANKS IN […]
- Our bank was bought to PC bank and I need to change my tracking number and acct number for social security?A) To change your tracking number and account number for Social Security after your bank was bought by PC Bank, you will need to contact PC Bank customer service. You can do this by calling 1-800-755-1000 or visiting your local PC Bank branch. When you contact customer service, be sure to have your Social Security number and your old bank […]
- I called Social Security office and told them my husband passed away, why does my letter only say lump sum.Q) In April I called Social Security office and told them my husband passed away in March. I need my husband’s SS check to survive. They gave me a phone Appointment for June 12th. Why does my letter only say lump sum. I am confused about this. Can you help me. A) I’m sorry to hear about the passing of […]
Chico CA Social Security office works with the Social Security Administration to assign Social Security numbers to U.S. Citizens. They also assist in maintaining earnings records under workers Social Security numbers and administrates Supplemental Security Income program for the aged, blind and disabled.
What should I do before visiting my local Social Security Office?
It’s always best to call and set an appointment with your local Social Security office before visiting. To make an appointment you need to:
- Call Social Security at 800.772.1213.
- Tell the automated system that you need an office appointment.
- Speak to a Social Security worker over the phone to request your office appointment.
What if I just do a walk in at a local Social Security Office?
If you do a walk in without an appointment you may encounter long delays and wait time. Without an appointment, SSA officials said you should expect long lines, especially during the busiest times in local offices; typically, on Mondays, the morning after a federal holiday or the first week of the month.
What documents should I bring with me at my local Social Security office appointment?
Depending on what services you may need such as replacement of your Social Security card, Medicare or Medicaid Services – you may need to have certain documents on hand, such as your:
- Social Security number
- Your passport
- Birth certificate
- Proof of United States citizenship or legal US residency
- Your Social Security Card
- Proof of address
- Bank statements and/or proof of income
- Proof of household inhabitants
- Marriage or divorce records
- U.S. military service papers
- A copy of W-2 forms and/or self-employment tax return for the previous year
If I can’t visit my local Social Security Office because of illness or mobility issues, what do I do?
Many Social Security services are available to you by calling the automated telephone services toll-free at 1‑800‑772‑1213. You can get recorded information and conduct some business 24 hours a day.
If you are deaf or hard of hearing, you may call their TTY number at 1‑800‑325‑0778.
What social security services are available to me online if I can’t visit my local office?
Most Social Security services are also available online with your “My Social Security account“. You can find services such as:
- Social Security Card replacement
- Request a new Medicare Card
- Apply for Retirement Benefits
- Apply for Disability Benefits
- Apply for Medicare Benefits
- Appeal a SSA Decision
- Change Your Address
- Set Up or Change Direct Deposit
- Print Proof of Benefits
- Print Your 1099
- View Your Latest Statement
- Review Your Earnings History
- Check Application Status
How do I contact the Social Security Administration if I have questions?
TTY number, 1‑800‑325‑0778
Social Security Administration
Office of Public Inquiries and Communications Support
1100 West High Rise
6401 Security Blvd.
Baltimore, MD 21235
Locate another Social Security Office near Chico CA
Find more California Social Security Office Locations near Chico CA
- $255 social security death benefit, will that go to the surviving spouse automatically?Q) Does the surviving spouse of a worker, married at the time of death and living with the worker at the time death, and both collecting social security prior to the time of death [the surviving spouse, a wife, has already received notice from SSA that she will begin receiving her monthly widow’s benefits] have to […]
- Am confined to my home,, unable to get to our local Social Security OfficeQ) I am a 100% VA disabled veteran, (permanent, total and confined to my home) due to combat wounds received in Korea and South Viet Nam. Am confined to my home (declared home bound) and am unable to get to our local Social Security Office as all available telephone numbers have been disconnected or ring […]
- Am I able to retire at age 65 3-23-2015, and have enough to retire on?Q) Am I able to retire at age 65 3-23-2015, and have enough to retire on? A) According to the Social Security Administration – Benefit estimates depend on your date of birth and on your earnings history. For security, the “Quick Calculator” does not access your earnings record; instead, it will estimate your earnings based on information […]
- My mother passed away Oct 1st of this year and I still haven’t got her Death Cert yet,..Q) My mother passed away Oct 1st of this year and I still haven’t got her Death Cert yet, I got a letter in the mail stating I only had 5 days to return some info along with her Death cert, what happens if I haven’t gotten yet? A) I’m sorry for your loss. Typically, the […]
- I would like to make an appointment to start receiving the social security benefits for myselfA) To apply for Social Security retirement benefits, you can visit the Social Security Administration (SSA) website to complete an online application, or call the SSA’s toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 to schedule an appointment to apply in person. If you prefer to apply in person, you can find the nearest Social Security office by using […]
- I was told that when I start working full time I would no longer be eligible for benefits I am working fulltime. Q) I was told that when I start working full time I would no longer be eligible for benefits I am working fulltime. A) If you are referring to Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, then it is possible that your eligibility for these benefits could be affected by your full-time […]